A nationally acclaimed comic performer, high-performance business consultant, speaker, strategic illustrator and newly minted author, Patti Dobrowolski spends her time focused on new neuroscience discoveries that leverage the power of imagination and visuals to actualize a vision of the future. Dobrowolski works with teams and leaders of Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits around the world to inspire them to create new and different strategies while literally capturing the organization's vision in a 4′ x 8′ illustration.
Patti covers the following in the video:
“You lie awake at night. You talk about your dreams with your partner and your friends, but more often than not, you continue to do those same behaviors that keep you from making the change”
You ask yourself “How can I make it happen?”
The odds against you making a change in your life is 9:1
She shared the Roche Pharmaceutical example.
Before: Less than 40 percent of the employees understood the company's vision and strategy.
Roche's president asked them to create a picture of his vision
After seeing this picture:
– 96 percent understood it
– 84 percent understood how what they did everyday aligned to that picture
Have a road map for change.
Draw where you are – Your Current State
and where you want to be – Your Desired New Reality
“We remember things better when they're attached to a picture”
– 65 percent better to be exact
Build the desired new reality that you dream about.
– Imagine and dream freely
– Focus on creativity. Use the right side of the brain more as left side houses the critic
When you draw and dream, our brain actually emits Serotonin & Oxytocin. Therefore, you become Happy, Capable, Creative and Cool.
How can you go from current state to desired new reality?
– Look at the picture and then close your eyes
– This allows the brain to recycle what it sees and reconstruct it
– Add to it everything you've ever seen, heard, experienced, or fantasized about, and then it will serve you up with the best possible solution
Relax and ask your brain
– What's the boldest thing I could do to get from here to there?
Let your brain fill in the three BOLD steps to get from your current state to your desired new reality.
Everyday, you get up, you soak in your picture, you step into the possibility and you act on it.
– Images are an incredibly powerful tool
– Visualize EVERYTHING before you are going to do it
– Help the two sides of your brain communicate with each other
– Drawing can help create and articulate our dreams into our reality
– Trust your feelings and your instincts
– Finally, start acting on it
If you appreciate what I have shared with you today, type “Yes” in the comment section below so that I know you appreciate what you have seen.
Share this post with your friends so that they can start drawing their own future and make it happen.
Highly recommended if you wish to design your own future and make your brain recycle what it sees and reconstruct it to your desired reality.